1.17.2009

Simple Modernism

Okay, I promised something very easy in terms of creating your own monogram and here it is. This is as simple as reciting your ABC's! It's just using basic shapes of a circle and a rectangle as your base. The ampersand is your focal point or emphasis in this case because you want to show union of you and your -to be as one.

I used these colors because 1. Brown evokes a warm sensation, orange is a energy feeling while blue provides a calmness. Now would this be your colors for your wedding? Probably not, but it don't hurt to play with colors you are not used to seeing everyday. Consider when your wedding is; is it during the summer, spring, fall or winter? Or, what is you and lover's favorite colors? Many times I've seen brides trying to "match" a color they've chosen. especially for their bridal party, stationery and reception. Why not use the same color, but in different hues? Monochromatic colors can bring out a lot in a wedding just as well as complimentary colors.

I suggest trying your hand at some monograms... I'm here to help! If you are running into some trouble, comment or email me! Try it.. I'm sure you will like it!

0 comments: